Tuesday, August 9, 2011

7 Weeks!

How far along are you?  7 weeks
How big is baby?  About the size of a blueberry.  Baby is about .25" long already!
Maternity clothes?  Nope.  Still using a hair tie on my jeans, but I don't need much room.
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +2 lbs
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep?  It varies from day to day, night to night.  Some days I have no energy, and others I feel pretty good.  At night, I either sleep great or terribly.  Some nights I really struggle to fall asleep.
Best moment this week:  Making it to 7 weeks!
Any Movement?  Too early for that
Food Cravings?  Salad with lots of veggies and Zesty Italian dressing.  I've had it for dinner the past 2 nights!  Also, pizza, spaghetti-oh's, potatoes, and boardwalk fries. :)  Oh, and water with lemon!
Food Aversions?  Pretty much the same, it varies daily.
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  Nothing
What are you looking forward to:  Our first appointment/ultrasound on Monday.
What was the BEST part of this week?  Getting away with Mike and seeing our friends at the beach.
What was the WORST part of this week?  Being nauseous the whole ride to the shore on Friday.

7 weeks!  Notice my beach tan and my boardwalk food belly ;)

Another week down!  I feel like time is simultaneously flying and dragging by.  Lately I've been really wishing time away so that we can get to our first appointment, so today I called and changed the appointment to Monday!  I am excited that we don't have to wait so long, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not terrified.  I'm sure that I speak for both Mike as well as myself when I say that I just want to know that everything is okay.  It's so strange because we've never met this baby.  We've never held him/her in our arms, never rocked him/her to sleep, or snuggled together, but we love him/her so very much!  Mike has never even felt the effects of this growing baby, but I know he worries just as much as I do.  It's insane that you can love a little person that you've never met as much as we do.  I'm sure it goes for all parents-to-be, but it's new to us and it still blows my mind.

When I called the doctor's office to change my appointment today, they asked me why I was calling.  Is everything okay?  Do you have any bleeding or painful cramping?  Any loss of symptoms?  I answered honestly, nothing is wrong other than my desire to know something concrete other than what I'm feeling.  No bleeding, cramping, or loss of symptoms.  It really made me realize how blessed Mike and I have been thus far.  While I had two days of light brown spotting around 4 weeks, we have had no other issues.  Thursday will mark 4 weeks since I first found out I was pregnant, and not a day has passed that I haven't prayed for this baby and thanked God for our continued blessings.

My symptoms have stayed pretty consistent through the last week.  Nausea, fatigue, heartburn, indigestion, and food aversions top my list of regulars.  The heartburn and indigestion definitely caught me off guard.  I always thought heartburn was a burning sensation around your heart (duh), but for me it's much more of a stabbing pain through my chest.  Thankfully Tums alleviate the pain quickly for me.  The nausea is still most prevalent in the morning and evening, and although I haven't thrown up, I gag on a daily basis.  Even though it sounds crazy, I worry when I have days where my symptoms are less awful than others.  I always question whether my symptoms are less than another day.  I'm obviously insane, but I'm hoping that I will have peace of mind on Monday.

I feel like I always say this, but I am just so thankful.  I still have days where I can't believe I'm pregnant.  I can't believe it finally happened for us.  I can't believe that next spring we'll have a sweet baby to bring home.  We are just so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment