Tuesday, August 2, 2011

6 Weeks!

How far along are you?  6 weeks
How big is baby?  About the size of a sweet pea
Maternity clothes?  Nope, though I do have to use the hair tie trick with my jeans
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +2 lbs
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep?  I am SO tired, but the past few nights I have been having such trouble falling and staying asleep.
Best moment this week:  Making it to 6 weeks :)
Any Movement?  Too early for that
Food Cravings?  Nothing sounds too great anymore
Food Aversions?  Sweets, peppermints, coffee
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  Nothing
What are you looking forward to:  Getting away this weekend!
What was the BEST part of this week?  Starting my new position at work
What was the WORST part of this week?  Being so sick all day Sunday

6 weeks

6 weeks!  I feel like this is such a big milestone.  We found out we were pregnant super early, so we are just thankful for every day with this little Bean.  All of my pregnancy information says that sickness/nausea usually starts kicking in full force between 6-8 weeks for most women and that has been really true for me.  Every day has been an increase in symptoms for me.  I have been feeling pretty horrible when I wake up in the morning.  A lot of people say that once you eat, the nausea subsides, but for me it's pretty consistent through the morning.  I may or may not get a break in the late morning/early afternoon, but then it returns in the evening.  Most of my commute (both to and from work) has been spent praying I don't have to pull over to throw up.  I bought peppermints to help soothe my stomach, but not only did they not help, the sight of them revolts me now.  I have also been having some pretty intense indigestion and heartburn.  Tums have been my friend lately.

My energy level is still pretty low, but I have been having trouble sleeping.  The past two nights I have had trouble falling asleep and then I continually wake up nauseous.  On top of that, the pregnancy dreams have had me on my toes!  OMG, nothing could have prepared me for the crazy pregnancy dreams.  I have had dreams about celebrities, dreams about aliens, dreams that Mike turned into a werewolf, you name it.  SO weird.

Food is becoming less and less appealing to me now.  Along with the peppermints, most food turns me off.  Lately there's nothing that I actually want to eat.  It's more or less that I have to eat.  For the past 10ish years I have had a cup of coffee every morning.  Recently I switched to decaf, not because I don't want any caffeine, I just don't want to spend my entire caffeine "allowance" on a 16 oz. morning coffee.  However, yesterday morning the thought of brewing a cup of coffee literally made me gag.  I didn't even want to look at the k-cup.  So, now it's Earl Grey for me.  Interestingly enough, my mom said that both her and my sister had the same coffee aversion during their pregnancies.

On top of all of that glory, I'm still feeling pretty bloated.  I've been using the hair tie trick with my jeans, which is wrapping a hair tie through your jeans' button hole and looping the other end over the button.  I wrap the hair tie pretty tightly because I don't need much extra room, but it does help me feel better throughout the day.  Also, my hormones are still completely out of control.  For example, last night Mike accidentally broke an ice cream scoop that my Gran had given us years ago (and knowing her it was probably from the dollar store).  Well, I completely lost it.  I was hysterical.  I kept apologizing because I knew it was an absolutely insane reaction, but Mike just hugged me and told me how sorry he was.  I ended up laughing hysterically (while crying) about how ludicrous the situation was.  Holy hormonal mess!

I recently said to Mike that you try and wish and pray to get pregnant, and then it happens and you consistently feel your absolute worst.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade being pregnant with this precious baby for anything in the whole world, but I do think I'll enjoy my pregnancy more when I'm feeling a bit better.  Right now I'm just chubby and crazy and tired and sick, but if it means our sweet little Bean is growing big and strong, I'll take it.  I can't think of a better reason to feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment