Tuesday, August 30, 2011

10 Weeks!

How far along are you?  10 weeks
How big is baby?  S/he is about the size of a prune this week, weighing a little more than an ounce!
Maternity clothes?  Still just varying between the Be Band and a hair tie
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +2 lbs
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep?  Still really struggling with the exhaustion and trying to get through each day
Best moment this week:  Hitting 10 weeks!
Any Movement?  Too early 
Food Cravings?  Mostly the same - potatoes, goldfish, cheesecake, soup
Food Aversions?  Chocolate, most sweets, coffee, hot dogs, certain burgers... there's a lot more!
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  A good night's sleep
What are you looking forward to:  Telling our extended family this weekend :)
What was the BEST part of this week?  1/4 of the way through the pregnancy!
What was the WORST part of this week?  Dealing with Hurricane Irene

10 Weeks




We're a quarter of the way through this pregnancy already!  I can't even believe it!  Thankfully I haven't gotten sick in a week (knock on wood) and I may be starting to feel a little better.  I don't feel quite like myself, but I'm getting there.  Other than that, things have been relatively uneventful.  I'm still exhausted most of the time and have very disjointed sleep.  I honestly never realized how intense pregnancy exhaustion is.  There have been plenty of times where I have been tired or I haven't gotten enough sleep (or even pulled an all-nighter), but I can't believe that I'll be so incredibly exhausted in the middle of the day after a full 9 hours of sleep.  It's insane!  I'm also surprised that I don't look as huge as I feel in my weekly bump picture.  Lately I feel pretty large, but (thankfully) my weekly picture doesn't look all that big.  The scale has stayed pretty even at +2 lbs, so I'm still assuming it's mainly bloat.

In other news, we bought our travel system last night!  Of course we are going to do a registry, but we had an opportunity to get it 25% off, so we decided to go ahead and purchase it ourselves now.  Mike and I test "drove" quite a few strollers/travel systems, but we eventually decided to go with the Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30.  I've had my eye on that travel system for awhile, so I'm glad it lived up to my expectations.  Mike and I had looked at a few different colors online, but after seeing them in person, we decided on the Miro pattern.  I'm so glad we both agreed on it, because it was one of my favorites!  After our discount, we ended up saving over $80!

 
Our Bean's travel system!  Photo courtesy of Chicco.com

After we left the store with the travel system, we went to the hardware store to take a look at paint swatches.  Since the Bean is due in March and it's usually cold from late October - March, we really want to get the nursery painted in late September/early October, so that we can open the windows and let everything air out.  After choosing several different swatches, we narrowed our choice down to 2 different colors.  We will probably pick up some samples this weekend to figure out which one we like the best.  Even though it seems early, we have a lot to do before we can even start to paint.  We need to reorganize our basement in order to move the bookcases from the nursery down there.  After everything is moved out, Mike is going to hang a new ceiling fan and repair the wall (from the ceiling fan wiring).  Once all that is done, we can even prep the room for paint.  So much to do!

Even though it seems so surreal, we have really gotten the ball rolling on preparing for the Bean's arrival.  With the new school semester starting tomorrow, we really need to make sure that we leave ourselves enough time to get everything done in time.  By the time the semester is over, I will be closing in on third tri!

No comments:

Post a Comment