Wednesday, October 12, 2011

16 Weeks!

How far along are you?  16 weeks!
How big is baby?  Baby is about the size of an avocado this week!
Maternity clothes?  Still negative, although I think I should start investing in a few for future use.
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +5 lbs, give or take
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep?  I have never been so tired in my life.  It is worse now than during first tri.
Best moment this week:  Finishing the majority of the painting in the nursery!
Any Movement?  For the past 5 days or so, I have been having some weird feelings that I think may be the baby.  They are very light and sporadic, so maybe :)
Food Cravings?  Mexican food, honeycrisp apples, cheese, spicy foods
Food Aversions?  Nothing right now
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  With all of these headaches, I would love to be able to take better headache medicine than regular strength Tylenol
What are you looking forward to:  I'm so excited for my 16 week appointment on Friday, even though I know it will be no big deal.
What was the BEST part of this week?  Getting so much accomplished this weekend.
What was the WORST part of this week?  The Phillies losing the NLDS :'(

16 Weeks, 1 Day AND a preview of the nursery color! :)

Blog overload this week.  I have been waiting and waiting for some time to upload my 15 week bump photo (so I could finally post my written, but not published blog post) and now it's already week 16!  Oh well, we got so much accomplished, I don't even care.

As of my last post the nursery had been totally emptied.  On Tuesday night, I vacuumed it out and cleaned the (disgustingly dirty) trim.  Once all of that was done, I did the first coat of paint on the trim, which took wayyyy longer than I had anticipated!  On Wednesday night, my mom came over to help me do the second coat of the trim.  Since it went significantly faster, she suggested that we just roll the paint onto the walls to get a head start.  Even though I was nervous about our paint choice (don't ask me why), the color was awesome!  Once we finished, we realized that the paint itself went on so great and covered so well that Mike and I probably wouldn't need to do a second coat.  HALLELUJAH!  While I was at work on Friday, Mike hung the ceiling fan, swapped out all of the receptacles, and taped off the dry trim and ceiling.  That night, we finished the edging and Saturday morning I did a few touch ups.  After removing all of the tape, there are a few areas that need to be touched up, but nothing significant.  I am so thrilled to cross all of that off my to do list!

Because of other projects we have going on, I may have definitely overdid it this weekend.  I took my usual midday nap on both Saturday and Sunday, but by Sunday afternoon I woke up feeling awful.  My head was throbbing and my body was screaming at me to just go to bed.  I attempted to study and tidy up, but I barely got anything accomplished.  I feel like sometimes it's hard for me to accept that I can't do the things that I could do before.  I can't go go go anymore, and it's a bitter pill to swallow.  Not only am I used to doing everything myself (it's kind of hard not to when you work opposite shifts with your husband), but with a baby on the way, I have more to do than ever.  Ironic, huh?

Other than the horrendous exhaustion (seriously, whoever said you get your energy back in second tri is a liar...at least so far), I have a fun new symptom: burning, watery eyes.  Thankfully one of my "helpful" pregnancy websites let me know that this is totally normal.  Awesome.  Add that to the non-stop headaches and the borderline narcolepsy and you have a party!  I also wake up a bajillion times a night to pee.  It is unbelievable.  Some nights I really feel like I don't even fall asleep between pee breaks.  Of course I do, but it doesn't feel like it.  Oh, and the first person to tell me (on this blog or in real life) that this is just preparing me for life with a newborn is going to get punched.  In the face.  You've been warned.  Please refer to this post regarding your opinion.  In all seriousness, I know these symptoms are no big deal in the long run.  I have had a very easy, stress-free, and happy pregnancy thus far and I really pray that it stays that way.

This may be a weird thing to say, but it's my blog and if you don't like it, I don't actually care.  Anyway, I find it weird that I have such an attachment to this baby already.  Not the fact that I love the baby, I don't find that weird at all.  I love this baby so much I can hardly stand it, but I'm also very attached to him/her.  I get so excited thinking about giving birth and having my baby on the outside.  I wonder what s/he will look like, whose features his/her little face will favor, what color hair s/he'll have, if any.  But all of those thoughts culminate in a bit of sadness thinking that our days together will be over.  In my head the two of us are our own little team.  I like to refer to us as "us".  I always talk to Mike about both of us, how our day went, what we're up to, if one of us is causing the other exhaustion/heartburn/sickness.  I feel like this is normal for a point in pregnancy, but not necessarily now.  For example, we don't really interact.  I don't feel strong, definitive kicks and jabs from him/her.  I don't know when s/he's awake or sleeping.  I can't poke my belly and expect a response.  I don't know what foods stimulate him/her.  Nonetheless, even typing all of that makes me teary-eyed (damn hormones), because I am SO attached to him/her I WANT to know these things.  We're a team, remember?  I may have officially jumped off the pregnancy deep end...

No comments:

Post a Comment