Wednesday, October 26, 2011

18 Weeks!

How far along are you?  18 weeks!
How big is baby? S/he is about the size of a sweet potato this week - almost 6" long and over 6 ozs!
Maternity clothes?  I'm not wearing them yet, but I ordered a ton last week :)
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +6 lbs, give or take
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep?  Has been really disjointed lately.  I wake up a lot to toss and turn.
Best moment this week:  Probably when I gave myself a bloody nose on Friday.  That's talent.
Any Movement?  This morning I woke up to baby acrobatics :)  One of us was really excited to be awake!
Food Cravings?  Wholesome/hearty foods, veggies/salads
Food Aversions?  I feel like there's always foods that make me feel gross, but I can never think of them when I'm blogging
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  Not having so many restrictions
What are you looking forward to:  Mike being able to feel kicks/movement
What was the BEST part of this week?  I made it through...does that count?
What was the WORST part of this week?  Not being able to dissect a heart because I'm pregnant :(

18w1d
Whoops!  It looks like I've gotten into a bad habit of not posting my blogs in time.  I've decided that I'm just going to post them as I complete them and worry about the bump pictures later.  I've been taking the photos, but with school and work and everything else that's been going on, I don't always have time to upload/crop/post them.  I'll do my best to get them up before 19 weeks!

18 weeks has been very eventful thus far!  Apparently my little Phanatic is really excited about being 18 gestational weeks old today, because when I woke up s/he was throwing a little party in there.  Either that or s/he is a morning person... which scares me. ;)  Either way, I made sure to enjoy his/her acrobatics performance before getting out of bed.  It's funny because sometimes Mike and I will be together and I'll tell him, "your baby is moving," but of course it's too early for him to feel anything.  I'm excited for the day that he'll get to feel the baby on the outside.  Hopefully it's only a few weeks away! :)

Other than increased/stronger baby movements, I think we may be moving towards the fabled 2nd trimester "energy" resurgence.  Although, I *think* people may use the term energy loosely.  If by energy they mean I don't feel like I'm going to fall into a narcoleptic coma at any moment of the day, then I'm there!  Although, I still think people have no idea what they're talking about and/or are overly optimistic.  But hey, it's better than thinking about the fact that I'm almost halfway to the point where I have to get this baby out.... somehow.  Moving on...

Like usual, our to-do list is growing, growing, growing!  We should be going to do our hospital tour and any birthing classes during second trimester (the OB recommends going during second tri in case you go into labor prematurely), however with school/work schedules and the holidays coming up, that may not be possible.  Oh well, I'll be in the very beginning of third tri come 2012 (omg, am I really talking about 2012???), so it shouldn't be too bad.  We're also on the lookout for baby's crib!  Hopefully we'll be able to get a good deal around Black Friday, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited to get some furniture in the nursery.  Although, it probably won't be a good idea to put furniture in since I haven't steam cleaned the carpet yet.  Yes, it's on the list!  Other than that, I'm still on a major mission to organize the whole house.  With the amount of crap baby items on the registry, we are going to need to make sure that everything has a place.

Other than all of that, this weekend will mark Mike and my 3rd anniversary!  Baby and I are really excited for our anniversary dinner this weekend, although I can't believe it will be our last anniversary just the two of us.  It's crazy how quickly everything is changing, although we wouldn't change it for the world!  What a great gift this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment