Wednesday, November 2, 2011

19 Weeks!

How far along are you?  19 weeks!
How big is baby?  Baby is about the size of a mango this week!
Maternity clothes?  I'm loving the length of the maternity tops!  I also bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans, but that was a partial failure.
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +8-9ish lbs.  It varies so much that I never know for sure.
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep?  Sleep has been great lately.  I barely wake up to even pee!  annnnd that probably just jinxed me.
Best moment this week:  Celebrating our 3 year anniversary on Saturday :)
Any Movement?  Tons and tons of movement.
Food Cravings?  Wholesome/hearty foods, veggies/salads
Food Aversions?  Nothing I can think of.
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  Having clothes that fit properly.
What are you looking forward to:  I am really looking forward to Mike feeling kicks!
What was the BEST part of this week?  Our anniversary on Saturday!
What was the WORST part of this week?  5" of snow in October???  Ew.

19w1d

Someone recently asked me whether or not I was feeling movement.  When I said yes, she responded, "Welcome to the best part of your pregnancy.  Enjoy it while you can!"  I honestly believe she was right.  I'm no longer the sick, exhausted mama struggling to get through every. single. day.  While I'm still very tired, I don't feel like I'm going to pass out at any moment of the day.  Plus, feeling the baby move is the single most surreal/exciting/amazing/weird feeling ever.  For the last 16 weeks I have been thinking about/worrying about/praying for this baby and now I have the daily reminder that s/he is healthy and strong.  It is such a relief!  I honestly feel like I missed out on the "flutters" that people talk about all of the time.  For a long time I was feeling a "brushing" feeling, and now I'm just getting kicked and jabbed constantly!  I have no idea what my little Bean could possibly be doing in there, but sometimes the intensity shocks me!  My favorite movements are when Mike puts his hand on my belly, though.  I don't know how the baby knows, but s/he LOVES his/her daddy!  As soon as Mike puts his hand on my belly, s/he goes crazy!  Lately we've been spending a lot of time with me asking, "did you feel that?" "how about that?" "OMG, you had to have felt THAT?"  Unfortunately, Mike hasn't felt anything yet, but I know it's only a matter of time now.  Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I get more time and a more personal experience with our little guy/girl, but then I remember the all-day sickness. ;)

Right now I'm at a very awkward stage of pregnancy.  I feel pregnant, I feel like I look pregnant, but other people can't necessarily tell I'm pregnant.  Because I'm not sporting a very large bump yet, I've been holding off on buying maternity clothes until I need them, but I finally invested in some tops last week and I'm really glad I did.  I love how long the maternity tops are, especially since I have a longer midsection to begin with.  This past weekend, Mike and I also ventured out to try to find some maternity jeans.  I've heard that if I keep wearing my regular jeans, I will stretch them out so much that they won't fit the same when I'm no longer pregnant.  I've tried maternity jeans at Target, Old Navy, and Kohl's so far, and I wasn't able to find any that fit properly (read: not too baggy).  Gap and A Pea in the Pod were just too pricey (although, I'm hoping to get a Gap sale soon).  I was really hoping that a maternity store would have clothes that fit better, so we hit up Destination Maternity.  Fail.  Epic, gigantic, horrendous FAIL.  Nothing there fit.  At one point I asked the salesperson if I was due to grow another ass in the next 20 weeks because the back of the jeans came up to my bra... and then subsequently sagged.  Everything was huge.  I felt bad for her, because she acknowledged that nothing fit me, but still pulled every pair of jeans in the store for me.  Nothing fit at all.  Of course my crazy pregnancy hormones put me into a tizzy and I ended up crying.  Finally, Mike and I tried JC Penney, where we found more horrendous jeans.  Then, by some miracle, I found a pair that fit relatively well (read: didn't have room for 2 of me in them).  I ended up buying 2 pairs there - the miracle jeans, and another pair that I bought in my emotional state.  I'm sure you've realized by now that the second pair that I bought don't fit.  I took the tags off and tried to wear them, and they're HUGE.  Absolutely enormous.  So, I officially have 1 pair of appropriate maternity jeans now.  Oh, and I should mention that they're the Common Genes brand... just in case anyone else is in the same situation.

Saturday Mike and I also celebrated our 3rd anniversary!  Despite the snow, we had a great day together.  It was strange knowing that this will be our last year just the two of us.  By the time we have our 4th anniversary, we'll have a 7-month old!  Crazyyyy.  Sometimes it's hard to not wish away the time between now and when the baby comes, but I'm really trying to slow down and enjoy the short amount of time I have left during this pregnancy.  Plus, I want to soak up the time that Mike and I have left just the 2 of us.  It'll be gone before I know it!  Nonetheless, it's a really good place to be in.  For now, I'll enjoy time with my baby and time with my husband, but it won't be long until I get to enjoy being a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment