Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Half-Baked!

How far along are you?  20 weeks - halfway!!
How big is baby?  This week baby is over 10 ounces and 6.5" from crown to bottom OR 10" from head to toe.  Apparently from now on, baby will be measured from head to toe :)
Maternity clothes?  I'm gradually converting to full-time maternity clothes.  They don't always fit well (ugh), but I don't want to ruin my non-maternity clothes either.
Weight -Loss or Gain?  Anywhere from 8-10 lbs.
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep?  Horrible.  Absolutely horrible.  If I can sleep, I'm waking up a million times to pee, but lately I've been having trouble falling/staying asleep.
Best moment this week:  Feeling the baby move from the outside for the first time.
Any Movement?  Yes, lots of movement now.
Food Cravings?  Salad and orange juice.  I can't get enough.
Food Aversions?  I'm not really loving food right now, nothing (other than the above) really sounds great.
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  Not having to pee all of the time.
What are you looking forward to:  I am really looking forward to Mike feeling kicks!
What was the BEST part of this week?  Feeling my little Bean kicking my hand.
What was the WORST part of this week?  How crappy my sleep has been!

20 Weeks!  Our Bean is half-baked! :)

Halfway!!  I can't even believe it!  This pregnancy is flyingggg by.  It feels like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant and now I'm at the beginning of the end of my pregnancy.  It's kind of bittersweet, honestly.  I know that towards the end I'm probably going to be singing a different tune, but I kind of wish that things would slow down a bit.  Between work and school and all of the other things we have going on, I feel like I'm missing my pregnancy.  That doesn't make much sense though, because I still honestly have a moment every day where I stop and feel the baby kicking the crap out of me, and think that I am SO blessed.  This baby really is my miracle.  Not to mention that we have a family full of people who are anxiously awaiting the Bean's arrival.  Plus, I have the most wonderful husband, who is inevitably going to be the most amazing father.  It really is a great support system.  So, even though I am taking the time to enjoy this pregnancy, I still feel like I'm missing it.  I feel like that makes no sense, but makes complete sense to me... if that makes sense ;).

Speaking of feeling the baby kick every day, we have been having some serious mommy to baby talks lately.  For whatever reason (I'm convinced Mike told him/her to do it), my little angel seems to think my bladder is some kind of soccer ball/kickball/football.  I don't know if I have a little punter in there or not, but it's seriously uncool.  To top it off, when I grimace as my bladder takes a beating, I have the always lovely unwelcome advice brigade who tell me, "Just wait until the baby gets bigger and does that."  Mike says that telling people to shut the ____ (fill in the blank) up is not an appropriate response, but I beg to differ.  Do we need another blog post on the unwelcome advice?

We have been waiting for Black Friday before we buy the crib, in hopes we can score a good deal, so it won't be too much longer with an empty nursery!  I think we also found the perfect dresser, too (that we'll also use as a changing table).  I guess that means that either this weekend or next, we will be steam cleaning the carpet and finishing the paint touch ups.  I'm so excited to get some furniture in there, so that I can decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment