Wednesday, September 14, 2011

12 Weeks!

How far along are you?  12 weeks
How big is baby?  At around 2" long, the baby is now about the size of a plum.  S/he's really growing now!
Maternity clothes?  I tried wearing maternity jeans, but they were just too big.  I must have been having a chubby day when I tried last week because my regular jeans fit fine with the Be Band or a hair tie.
Weight -Loss or Gain?  +2-3 lbs
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep?  I have never been so tired in all of my life.  I overslept my alarm twice in the last week!
Best moment this week:  Realizing how close I am to second tri!
Any Movement?  Too early, but I'm really looking forward to feeling it
Food Cravings?  I'm not really craving anything in particular right now, just eating things as I want them
Food Aversions?  Pretty much the same
Belly Button in or out?  In
What do you miss:  My energy, not being tired all of the time
What are you looking forward to:  Having a real bump, feeling the baby move, second trimester
What was the BEST part of this week?  Having it hit me that in a few short months I'm going to have my own child.  It seems so unreal!
What was the WORST part of this week?  The awful migraine that I had on Sunday.

12w1d - morning picture

12w1d - night picture
[I posted 2 pictures this week to show how different (and large) my bump looks at the end of each day.  A lot of people tell me how much I'm "showing" when they see me in the evenings, but when I wake up each morning, I don't feel that big!  When you're pregnant, your food digests slower than normal so that your body can uptake as many nutrients from it as possible.  With slowed digestion also comes a larger belly at night.  All of my bump pics so far have been taken at night, so it's funny to me to see just how much my stomach changes every day.]

12 weeks is such a big deal - the unofficial end of the first trimester!  I can't even believe we're finally here.  For so long I set goals.  I just wanted to make it to 4 weeks, 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 11 weeks, and now I'm at 12 weeks.  It is so crazy to me that I'll be in my second trimester by the end of next week!

Last night I laid in bed thinking about how we need to schedule our hospital tour for second trimester.  No big deal, I told myself, I'll schedule it after school's over.  School ends in December, then I'll hit second trimester.  But when will I hit third trimester?  I kept doing the math over and over in my head.  December is about three months from my EDD, so how can that only be second trimester?  Then it hit me... I'll be in second trimester next Friday.  As in, 10 days away.  As in, December will be too late to schedule our hospital tour.  (Yes, I know, the pregnancy brain has a terrible hold on me.)  I just can't believe it.  There is so much to do and so little time to do it in! 

Despite feeling like we've gotten nothing done, Mike and I have actually been quite busy in the past few weeks, especially lately.  We narrowed down our paint colors to 2 choices, we complied a list of first and middle names to take to the hospital, we purchased our travel system, we researched cribs and nursery furniture, we discussed baby items we will likely be registering for, we started looking for gliders, and we're attending a local consignment sale this weekend to see if there's anything we could use.  Hopefully this weekend we will be able to narrow down a paint choice, buy a ceiling fan for the nursery, and start cleaning out the nursery.  I'm so anxious for it to be the baby's own space!

No comments:

Post a Comment