Thursday, September 15, 2011

Appointment Update

Today was our 12 week appointment!  I met with an OB at the practice I haven't seen before since they want you to meet all of the doctors (because you'll never know who will be on call when you go into labor).  He was very nice and the appointment was short and sweet.  A few questions about how I was feeling, asked whether we're doing the Sequential screen (we're not - our insurance doesn't cover it), and whether we're doing the 20 week ultrasound (we are).  Then we did a quick listen to the Bean's heart beat, which the doctor said was "nice and strong in the 150's."

Other than that, I found out that my blood work all came back normal and then I asked about if I could paint the nursery with low VOC paint.  The doctor looked at me like I had 15 heads and told me that it was fine as long as it was lead-free and the windows are open.  I also asked about stretching for my iliosacral joint pain, but he said it's just trial and error, so keep trying to find something that works.

That was it!  Quick and painless.  I scheduled my 20 week appointment (holy crap!) and I'll be back on October 14th.  Now we're off to second tri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment